Monday, November 13, 2017

Monday, 13 November Update

Dear all,

I send you my profound gratitude for your calls, posts, messages, letters, thoughts, wishes and on and on.  There is an abundant loving presence surrounding Virginia.

The MRI results confirmed severe brain injury, and this supports what the the doctors are seeing in the clinical tests; she is making reflexive movements but not conscious ones. The breathing support needs to be removed by Friday to avoid infection. While there is the route of a tracheostomy and feeding support, I, in concert with many of her loved ones, don't see this as the path Virginia would choose if she had her say.

While anything could happen in the coming days, it is looking like Friday afternoon we will move the focus to making her comfortable and supporting her in her journey.

With love and thanks,
Katherine

https://www.mvtimes.com/2017/11/15/loved-ones-face-heartbreaking-decisions-virginia-iverson/

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry to read this update. I wish I could come give you a hug in person. I have been down this path, more than once, and I wish I could do something to ease the pain for you. Embrace every moment that you have. Sending all my love and much peace to you, and especially your mom. Love you my dear friend, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I'm so sad after reading about your Mom's condition. Know many are praying for her and for you. Love, your cousin, Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to read this, Kathy. Love, Erika

    ReplyDelete